Monday 28 January 2013

Wacom Bamboo Graphics Tablet: An Interest That Combines Illustration With Digital Design


I have recently started to utilize my own 'Wacom' 'Bamboo' graphics tablet into my work and has become a recently developed skill/ interest of mine as a illustrator/ designer. I have chosen to incorporate a graphics tblet into my project as it allows me to enhance my illustration skills, due to the tablet itself being a highly effective way to combine illustration with digital design. This is a observation i have thoroughly began to enjoy and take interest in, as my skills as an illustrator can now be both digitally focused and presented (upon design software such as 'Adobe Photoshop' or 'Adobe Illustrator' etc), as well as traditionally focused on paper etc. Therefore i will produce an A3 poster in which primarily promotes my interest in the graphics tablet and this will somewhat be integrated as an interest upon my final packaging design.


Here i have designed a poster/ mood board purely using the Graphics tablet on Adobe Illustrator using the 'Pen Tool' (i.e. For the Linear lines which reflect the abstract work of Krakfox) and on Adobe Photoshop using purely the 'Brush Tool' to compliment my scanned in designs including the drawing central to the page as well as the typography inspired by the central design with my final logo design upon the bottom right hand side of the page. This poster has been generated to aesthetically portray and emphasize my ambition to 'be king of the jungle' (i.e. be successful in the illustration industry) effectively in a abstract way that references my previously researched artist Krakfox, using my illustrative interpretation of a lion that references the illustration of Luke Dixon.

No comments:

Post a Comment