Monday 28 January 2013

Research Into Paper-Based Presentational Formats To Inform My Final Packaging Design Idea


Following my current research into designs by which I appreciate as a illustrator/ designer, I have come across a potential lead into the way by which I could present my final sculpture design. As you already know I have decided to incorporate the figure and symbol of a Lion into my project (being a symbolic metaphor which portrays the characteristics of me as a designer), and by researching such life-like human head sculptures, this has given me the idea to utilize such folding/ paper sculpture techniques to generate a 3D Lion head paper sculpture for my final design. This head will incorporate elements of my experimental research, effectively presenting my skills and interests as a designer towards my target audience of an Illustration agency (i.e. such as the Folio Illustration Agency). I feel this would be a more effective way to emphasize on the metaphoric symbol of a Lion when portraying myself as an illustrator as this will allow me to explore and develop folding and 3D techniques that will help improve my understanding of the relationship between 2D and 3D. Also, such 3D sculptures would be a aesthetically pleasing platform and format to present and display my illustration skills and interests, effectively promoting me, as a brand in a positive way. This secondarily imaged research was gathered on various blog websites such as 'www.wordpress.com' and upon specific inspirational based websites for designers such as 'www.fleshbump.com'.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment